Thursday, April 1, 2010

spring time wreath

I got the inspiration for this wreath from a fellow blogger:
http://hollyscharmedlife.blogspot.com/2009/11/deck-doors.html

Here is my version that I made for my NSSS JennyK for her March package. It was a tad more time consuming than I had planned - its base is a Styrofoam wreath wrapped with ribbon. Then I hot glued the hand made paper flowers to the ribbon covered wreath. I added a wired ribbon to finish it off and a ribbon for a hanger. Here is a close up of the flowers - the papers are from a collection from Making Memories and glittered with silver stickles. The center of the flowers are those marbly things you would put in the bottom of a vase - super sized skittles for those of us who bought into that craze! I backed them with some co-ordinating paper from Daisy D's.
Another shot of the flowers.


And the ribbon. I really loved the results ( I only tore it apart twice!!)



3 comments:

♥Rach♥ said...

As you already know, I LOVE this! It came out completely beautiful and was totally worth your hard work!

Lisa Wilcox said...

Wow-it came out great-although, I think you might be missing a paper or two??? LOL

Avra Williams said...

This is gorgeous!