Sunday, February 28, 2010

Recent cards

This is a card I made for my friend Rachel using one of the Bellas I received in an image swap this summer, DCWV patterned paper (both) random ribbon and a handmade crocheted flower.
Here is a close up of the crocheted flower - I need to make more of these - gave away too many! and here is some detail of the inking I did on the edges - green then black.




This card was for Rachel's daughter, Brooklyn - this was extremely easy to throw together as the paper was already printed with all the glittery cupcakes, cute butterflies and the cute critters- the paper was from the Naughty but Nice 6x6 paper stack by Smirk - I was talked into purchasing this paper while on vacation in CT this past summer - imagine that - someone enabling me?? Who'd a thunk it?
I added the chipboard "B" after I inked it an appropriate shade of PINK then distressed and added the little butterfly and the card candy in the corners. TA DA done!

I inked the little butterfly also - it came from the American Girls punch that Rachel enabled me to buy.. thanks Rach!



This card was made for Rachel's little man, Westin who was turning 2 - where has the time gone? He was just a newborn!




I used George cricut cart and cut the 2 three times out of chipboard (was trying out the deep cut blade my niece bought me for Christmas) then covered with orange DCWV glitter paper. The background paper is also DCWV - I think its from Animal Crackers?...


I even broke out the Dyno label maker for this card and some sheer orange ribbon to accent the corner.



2 comments:

♥Rach♥ said...

All of these are even better in person! Mine is sitting right here on my desk and B has hers in her room. Westin's went into his card box b/c I don't trust him, LOL. Thanks a ton, they are all wonderful!
~Rach

Lisa Wilcox said...

Put me on "the list" for this crocheted flowers! Love how Brooklyn's card turned out.