Sunday, May 3, 2009

National Scrapbooking Day (weekend for me)

I was busy this weekend...and got a lot accomplished....

this is Halle's 6th birthday party from last year ( just a little behind but then I have never been a chronological scrapper; rather I scrap what moves me). The title is chipboard which I covered w/ textured CS then stamped with the SU celebrate definition stamp.. I even used mini skittles. The polka dot CS is Nana's Kids from DCWV. The flowers were from Wal-mart which I picked up years ago. And this is Halle's 7th birthday ...I used the new dotted swiss bazzill cs and the $1 cupcake stamps from M's

This is of the chicks first day at school for the 2008-09 term... Kaytlyn never wears skirts so this was a real surprise... paper is from the Butterflies & Blossoms stack from DCWV.


the 2nd page


This page I absolutely love! The picture is of my baby brother Daniel when he was a scrawny pre-teen...look at him, so cool with his medallion necklace and lifting weights... and that crooked little grin ....
It took me quite a while before I found the right paper (Cosmo Cricket) and the bicycle just screams 70's - it was from a K&Company stack - I cant remember the name but I picked it up from M's a couple of weeks ago - it had unicorns and mushrooms and submarines...really funky stuff. The font is Keep on Truckin' - I printed it on DCWV textured 8x8 cardstock and then hand cut the numbers then layered it on a Cosmo Cricket green CS to coordinate with the background paper...I printed off the chorus to the Mark Wills song, "1970 Something".


This layout was to commemorate our first trip to Hobby Lobby that recently opened in Cicero.
The paper was from the Green Stack (again DCWV) I used my Dymo-Labeler for the journaling and rub-ons from Daisy D's as accents. The little black dots were sticky pearls that I picked up in CT while at the beach - Stephanie and I stopped at some little store - can't remember the name.

Please feel free to comment - I love reading what everyone thinks! Thanks for looking.

1 comment:

Lisa Wilcox said...

Great layout's-love the one with Dan & Hobby Lobby.