Saturday, December 26, 2009

all dressed up......

I did what I could for her....she was lovingly decorated and before the deadline. Not the usual pretty tree but this was not the usual Christmas~ I had my gall bladder removed on the 23rd so I was done with my shopping and decorating and preparing for the holiday whether I wanted to be or not! Everything worked out fine - my surgery was a success and I had lots of help at home with the last minute things that needed to still get done - my niece Sierra was my in house nurse for the first 36 hours of my recovery and Chuck has been wonderful as well.

We postponed Christmas Eve with the chicks but my sweet Kaytlyn called me to wish me a Merry Christmas and to tell me that she missed me as this was the first Christmas Eve that we did not spend together. She even told me that she didnt think that she had been good enough to get everything on her list from Santa - it was so funny! I told her that honesty counted towards being good so I was sure that Santa would bring her lots of good presents.

I did manage to join both of our families for the holiday - it was good to see everyone; even my brother and nephew from out of town made it for the gathering. My niece Madison was sick so she and her parents stayed home which really worked out well - I dont think I could handle being sick with these incisions!

I am so thankful for having a wonderful caring group of family and friends. I hope everyone is as blessed as I am.

1 comment:

♥Rach♥ said...

It sounds like you had a successful and nice holiday despite the surgery. I'm glad it went well and that you are ok and had lots of help :0) Your tree came out adorable, by the way!
Love you,
~Rach